Five Common Car Repairs
You may be one of those who loves his car as much as your newborn son a couple of months ago, but let’s face it – it sure ain’t pretty when the time for repairs hits you like a punch in the face. I say that for the mere fact of the matter being that car repairs are anything but cheap. Anyone who happens to have owned a four wheeler for a substantial period of time will definitely know what I’m talking about.
Some of you reading this may very well be in auckland for a car removal specifically, but that really doesn’t matter to the rest of us who happen to own a perfectly running four wheeler. Repairs in general are a headache for everyone concerned. Here are a few of the most common car repairs :-
- Replacing the oxygen sensor: By monitoring the unburnt oxygen in the exhaust, the sensor tell you whether or not you have enough gas in your tank or not.
- The problem of loose fuel caps: What you do think is the main reason why your check engine light is on? You have your answer – it’s the fuel caps. A loose one will not only cost you tons of money in the long run, but can even lead to the evaporation of millions of gallons of gas.
- Replacing your Catalytic Convertor: This is one of the most important as well as the most expensive repairs to boot. After all, this is what is responsible for controlling the emission system of your vehicle which tend to go bust when another such related part like a spark plug is neglected for too long.
- Replacing spark plugs: Even though it may be a bit hard on your wallet (especially when you consider multiple spark plugs) replacing them is definitely worth it since they tend to considerably reduce your mileage.
- Replacing your ignition coils: Now this is something a lot of us tend to neglect from time to time because we undervalue their importance as well. Ignition coils essentially tell the spark plugs to do their job and neglecting them for even a bit has the potential for wreaking some serious damage, not just to the spark plugs but the entirety of your car’s ignition system. A proper diagnostic test should do the trick.
Nowadays the thing is that more and more car companies are slowly but steadily attempting to monopolise their repair business by making the diagnostic systems and parts of their cars difficult to repair by other means. Another factor is that there are a great many repairs that are avoidable if only the customers at hand had paid proper attention to the preventive maintenance requirements.
In any case, the total average repair cost in the States is a whopping 300 dollars . Now that isn’t a small sum of money by any means, even if you happen to be considerably well off in most aspects. So you will need to firm eye out on both your wallet and the necessary list of repairs if you want your car to last for a considerable period of time.